Online Boxing Storage

Buy Boxing Equipments and Accessories from Pro Boxing Gear and save 15% with free shipping.

Oct 20, 2010

I'm not under pressure: Stand-in Skipper Michael Clarke

Under-pressure Michael Clarke today said he deserved the censure after a string of poor shows in their 0-2 Test series loss and the stand-in captain said that it's time to look forward and return to winning ways.

Michael ClarkeStand-in Captain Clarke scored just 35 runs from four innings in the 2 Test series, said, "My performance in the Test series wasn't good enough so I deserved that criticism and I am very disappointed about that."

But he said he was not under-fire to perform in the 50 over matches as they play the 2nd ODI against India today. The 1st ODI was washed out after a heavy rain in Kochi.

"I am not at all under pressure. Everybody is entitled to voice their opinion. I can't change that. I'm training very hard as possibly as I can. I'm really excited about these two one-day games. My main priority is to win the two ODIs. We are really excited about the bright weather, hope it continues tomorrow."

Asked about the condition of their frontline pacer Doug Bollinger, Clarke said they were yet to decide on him.

"He is going well, though he has not done enough bowling. It's an important day for him today, he will have to bowl at the nets. The physio is happy with his improvement. But we want to make sure he bowls 10 overs for us tomorrow, otherwise I don't think it's worth a risk."

Doug Bollinger had to pull out of the 2nd Test in Bengaluru because of an abdominal strain.

No comments: