Online Boxing Storage

Buy Boxing Equipments and Accessories from Pro Boxing Gear and save 15% with free shipping.

Aug 6, 2009

Sachin sets sights on 2011 World Cup


In an interview with the Wisden Cricketer, Sachin Tendulkar said he was not fulfilled with what he had achieved so far. The master blaster said he would like to win the 2011 World Cup and accumulate 15,000 Test runs.

"I am not pleased yet with what I have done," Tendulkar told the Wisden Cricketer. "Sunil Gavaskar has told me that I have to get to 15,000 runs. He said he would be angry with me and would come and catch me if I didn't. I respect him so much and to score that many would be a terrific achievement, but that is not the only aim." He has hopes to "win the World Cup in 2011".

Sachin Tendulkar has scored a record 12773 Test runs from 159 matches at an average of 54.58.

Tendulkar admitted he had been continuously playing with pain. "I always play in pain, all the time. I played with a broken finger for the last three months, but you know when pain is manageable or not, and most of the time I can do it," he said. "I can still do what I did when I was 25 but the body is changing, so your thought process has to change too. I have had to change how I think, which is about taking less risk."

Tendulkar, 36, did not share the same opinion as John Buchanan on him being weak to the short delivery early in his innings. "It is only his opinion; John Buchanan doesn't have to be right all the time. If I couldn't handle short deliveries, then I wouldn't still be scoring runs," he said. "Maybe he needs to change his opinion. There must be something very wrong with all the bowlers around the world that they have allowed me to score so many runs."

When asked about retirement, Tendulkar said he had not still not thought about it fatally. "I will know when it is the right time, I won't have to be dragged away. I am the person who will make the decision and I will know whether I still belong."

Tendulkar admitted it would be difficult to walk away from the game. "It's a frightening thought. It has been there for my whole adult life, it will be difficult, I have been around for a long time, I can imagine when I finish I will long to face just 10 more balls but you have to move."

No comments: